This post comes from my passion for doing what I love. After watching the inaugural episode of “The Do S*** You Love Show” over at Adam Baker’s ManvsDebt, I had this surge of energy to get others to start thinking like Karol Gajda, Adam Baker, and myself. So, you are probably asking, “How do we think differently than others?” Let me explain…
I have devised this complex equation for life. It is as follows…
I don’t think there is much else to life. Too often we look at social conformity as the correct answer. How I and many others, including Karol and Adam, see it is that we must do the exact opposite of the social norm because it seems like the majority of society is dreadfully unhappy.
My advice as to accomplishing such a desirable goal as living the best life you can live can be broken down into basic steps.
- Get together with the immediate people whose life will be affected by your actions (i.e. husband/wife/children/boyfriend/girlfriend). Discuss your goals, fears, desires, passions, challenges.
- Come up with a 1 week plan, a 1 month plan, a 1 year plan and a 10 year plan for what you want to be/have by these time frames and how you are going to achieve these goals.
- Stop sabotaging your own life. Does that big screen television satisfy your dreams and goals? If so, then get it. If not, re-focus.
- Start building through small changes. Minimalism is a great way to free yourself from the constraints of clutter, financial burden, and consumerism. Maybe try small minimalist steps first.
- Ask yourself everyday, “What am I doing today to be happier tomorrow?”
These are just a few of the ways I live my life and stay focused on the goals I have set. The approach may be different for all of us, but asking yourself, “What do I want to be doing?” and acting towards that desire, will lead to the life you have always wanted.
The Minimalist Path